State Level Bankers Committee
The SLBC is an inter-institutional forum for coordination and joint implementation of development programmes and policies by all the Financial Institution Operating in a State.Although SLBC is envisaged as a bankers forum Government Officials are also included.
First Meeting of SLBC was held on 26 March 2001.
Chairman:The Chairman and Executive Director of the Designated Bank.
Convener:State Bank of India is designated as Convener Bank.
- Representative of RBI.
- Representative of NABARD.
- Representative of SIDBI.
- Representative of IFCI.
- Representative of all Lead Banks in the State.
- Representative of other banks having a fair network of branches in the rural,semi-urban & urban areas of the State.
- Representative of the State Cooperative Bank.
- Representative of State Land Development Bank.
- Representative of State Financial Cooperation.
- Chairmen of RRB's.
- The Concerned Secretary/Director of Institutional Finance of State Government.
- The representatives of Departments of State Government connected with Rural development.
- The Planning Secretary of State Government.
- Representatives of other banks may be invited to special meeting of SLBC,whenever considered necessary.
2. Periodicity of Meeting: Once in a Quarter.
- To discuss issues,consider alternative solutions to the various problems in the field of banking development and evolve consensus for coordinated action by the member institutions.
- To do the necessary spade work for formulation of Annual Credit Plans by getting in time district-wise resource allocation by Banks and disaggregation of the various Governmental Programmes.
- To review the assistance required and provided by Government agencies.
- To solve operational problems in implementation of Service Area Approach Credit Plans,Government and other agencies programmes etc.
- To review the trends in the flow of credit into rural areas and to the small borrowers in the neglected sectors.
- To review Credit-Deposit Ratio,Priority Sector Advances,Advances to weaker Section,Financing of minority communities etc.
4. Last Meeting Details: